The Salvation Army Mission Statement:The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination
• Supervise all case work aspects
• Direct the developing, implementing and evaluating of on-going services to clients by means of routine and non-routine program reviews and continuous quality improvements
• Coordinating and maintaining the intake and applications for seasonal programs.
• Participate in the Homelessness Continuum of Care General Meetings
• Encourage, motivate and support social services interns and volunteers for the purposes of serving those targeted individuals and families.
• Provide and maintain food boxes for assistance
• Retain all information on donations and send to appropriate departments as needed
• Attend and communicate in community related social service gatherings
• Ensure mail is picked up from post office and relayed to appropriate departments
• Meet with Clients and implement financial assistance program
• Call and verify eligibility for assistance needed
• Must creatively find opportunities to provide clients with referrals to programs and service located within The Salvation Army as well as within the community
• Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social work preferred but will consider 2 years college degree in human service field and direct work experience in social services.
Experience: Individual must have specific knowledge and work experience related to social services administration and standard practices related to working with at-risk populations. Additionally, knowledge and skills related to dealing with behavioral and mental health interventions, crisis management. Also, individuals seeking this position must be able to provide credible leadership to staff and volunteers of varying skills and abilities. Also, individual must be willing to become familiar with and support the mission of The Salvation Army; must be able to pass background check. Individual must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass yearly motor vehicle check. Individual must have excellent oral and written communication skills while having the flexibility to multi-task. Individual must be proficient at computerized reporting systems as well as work collaboratively with other team members.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:This Position is required to do light to moderate physical work lifting twenty pounds. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required to remain stationary for some periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate, move, occasionally required to position self to stoop, kneel or crouch, frequently required to reach with and use arms and hands as required in using standard office equipment and a PC. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to focus. The work environment for this position includes an office environment with a low noise level although when clients and staff are present as well as seasonal activities the environment can at times be noisy.