Under the general supervision of the Corps Commanding Officers, performs professional duties in overseeing and coordinating all programs/services provided by the Corps Community and Recreation Center.
• Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters and maintains positive relationships with co-workers and supervisors. This would include but not be limited to such actions: resolution of conflicts in a positive manner; courteous treatment of staff, clients and visitors; respect of others’ property and person, professional and appropriate communication to and about co-workers, supervisors and subordinates. Support the Mission of The Salvation Army by treating every donor, contact and colleague with respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
• Develop and implement marketing strategy for the facility which includes promotional events, marketing tools, advertisement of the facility, public and media relations, and annual marketing plans; and develops strategies for new programs that complement and support the Mission of TSA, and the applicable Corps location.
• Communicate all public materials with the Divisional/Twin Cities Media Relations Director and Divisional PR director. Ensure compliance with the TSA brand standards
• Coordinate recreation programs, fitness programs, tournaments, and all events within the facility.
• Develop and monitor center's annual budget; tracks expenses and revenues generated by the facility; tracks daily weekly, monthly, and yearly attendance figures. Submits required expense reports to the Commanding Officers for review in a timely and accurate manner.
• Schedule the maintenance and use of the facility; review and inspect facility, programs and operations for safety hazards and other potential problems.
• Oversee annual membership and group sales, rental of the facility, computer registration program, daily admissions, and all other aspects of cash flow procedures.
• Oversee daily operations of the facility including hiring, training, discipline and
evaluation of personnel, oversees customer service, standards and facility maintenance in conjunction with the Corps Commanding Officers; assists with the operations of the front office to ensure maximum customer service results.
• Investigates and resolves complaints or inquiries from employees and patrons concerning the operations of the facility; deals appropriately with confrontational situations.
• Provides administrative support by answering questions, maintaining correspondence with other divisions or agencies; leads and schedules tours; interfaces with community groups, and actively promotes the facility throughout the community through speaking assignments, guest appearances, etc.
• Performs all other related duties as required.
Bachelors’ Degree in recreation administration, physical education, or a closely related field and three to five years of experience in supervising recreation programs, or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have excellent communication skills, be trustworthy, especially in confidential matters, be well organized and efficient, proficient in the use of Microsoft office products to specifically include Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications, able to accept supervision, work as a team member, work well with clients of diverse cultural and socioeconomic groups, willing to support the philosophy, goals, and Mission of The Salvation Army and pass the background checks. Must have a valid MN drivers’ license and meet the pre-employment MVR requirements. The incumbent must also obtain first-aid and CPR Certification within six months of employment. It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.