Now Hiring Production Assistants/Drivers
JOB TITLE: PRODUCTION ASSISTANT 303
DEPARTMENT: Operations and Production
FSLA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Transportation Supervisor/Director of Operations
SUPERVISES: Production Assistant Helper
SUMMARY:Drives truck to pick-up and transport materials from and to specified destinations by performing the following duties.
1. Plans daily routing based on pick-ups assigned.
2. Insure that all calls are made as scheduled and that care is taken to insure the security and safe handling of goods and materials.
3. Instructs and supervises helper, keeping in mind that helper is in a rehabilitation program and good personal and work habits are taught by example as well as instruction.
4. Responsible for developing of assigned route, including bagging on both sides and across the street of each pick-up.
5. Responsible for the safety and security of the truck and equipment (including securing of hand truck at end of day). Daily inspections of air, water, oil, etc. to maintain equipment in good operating equipment.
6. Responsible to promptly report to immediate supervisor all accidents involving truck, personal injury or property damage.
7. Act as personal representative of The Salvation Army and insure that all customers are treated courteously. Immediately report any problem in pick-ups to immediate supervisor through the dispatcher.
8. Responsible for behavior of truck helpers.
9. Wear provided back guard when doing any substantial lifting or moving.
10. Personally maintain a neat appearance, including clean clothing, clean shaven, neatly trimmed hair, shirttail tucked in and appropriate head gear.
11. Responsible for loading and unloading of truck and to help with other trucks as requested.
12. Support the mission statement of The Salvation Army
OTHER DUTIES: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or administrator.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises beneficiaries assigned as part of work therapy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
At least two years licensed driving experience or have a passing grade on the "Coaching the Experienced Driver" self study course.
Ability to read two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak to customers and helpers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to plan daily route coverage.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, distance, and American money.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Drivers license to operate trucks of type used by location. Clear MVR report. Successfully completed The Salvation Army Road Test.
Iowa Class D with 2 endorsement, Illinois Class C minimum licenses.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Hearing abilities include use of two way radio.
The work environment for this position includes truck and warehouse environments which reflect temperature and humidity of outdoors.
THE MISSION OF THE SALVATION ARMY ADULT REHABILITATION CENTER
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.