Provides high quality office administration, organizational and clerical support to the SSVF Program Director and the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program, delivering Rapid Re-housing and Homeless Prevention services to eligible homeless Veterans/Veteran families throughout 105 counties in KS and 10 counties in NW MO. Often the first point of contact with Veterans, referrals, vendors, community stakeholders, employees, and others and must provide professional customer service and a positive public image at all times. The person in this position must be able to support a fast-paced work environment with strict quality and confidentiality standards along with multiple deadlines.
*This position is Full-time and includes a benefits package.*
Customer Service: Information, Referral & Program Eligibility Pre-screening
a) Provide information about SSVF services, information, and/or referrals to callers and walk-in inquiries about program services to community partners, referral sources, and new potential Veteran participants.
b) Following established protocols, pre-screen phone callers and walk-ins of Veterans/Veteran Families at the “front door” to collect information pertaining to Veteran status and immediate housing needs. Route pre-screening information for follow up to the SSVF team (Service Coordinator/Case Manager/Veteran Navigator) in the assigned service area corresponding to the Veterans’ location.
c) Provide assistance in making follow-up contacts with program participants as requested.
d) Document and record all requests for services, referrals, information, and inquiries.
e) Ensure confidentiality in accordance with established procedures and regulations.
General Customer Service: Phone Calls and Visitors
f) Answer phones and route callers to the appropriate staff member that can assist them. Greet visitors and guests and accompany them to the designated waiting area within a reasonable amount of time per established operating procedures.
g) Provide periodic assistance with coverage of the Linwood Center reception front desk on a rotating or back-up basis. Assist and direct callers to the appropriate staff member. Provide referrals to community resources to callers and walk-ins as needed. Follow security protocols.
h) Maintain a positive, helpful, respectful, patient, and professional demeanor with all callers/visitors regardless of the caller’s or guest’s demeanor.
i) Follow security protocols at all times. Activate security measures for any threats of violence or disruptive behaviors.
Administrative, Clerical, & Program Operational Support
j) Maintain an organized filing system for all hard copy and electronic program files as directed and per program policies and procedures.
k) Maintain an organized filing system for Veteran participant records according to confidentiality standards and program policies/procedures.
l) Implement a file “sign-out” system to ensure files are only released to personnel with authorized access privileges and that files are returned and not lost or misplaced.
m) Ensure electronic archiving of files per policy/procedure.
n) In keeping with Fraud Risk Reduction policy, this position will be the primary person opening and distributing SSVF program mail with an assigned supervisor as witness.
o) Order and/or pick up program supplies, including forms, outreach supplies, and program brochures, as authorized by the program director.
p) Take meeting notes and distribute to team members as requested.
q) Maintain policy and procedure manuals, in hard copy and electronically, keeping them up to date, organized and ensuring all personnel sign off on acknowledgements of review/updates issues, and that each service location has binders containing all program policies and procedures that are readily accessible to all personnel.
r) Assist with reconciliation of check requests.
s) Maintain required payroll records, contract files, reports, statistics, and other program communications.
t) Keep contact lists and other staff resource materials up to date and distribute to appropriate staff.
u) Maintain up to date office supply/equipment inventory spreadsheet with the required information. Update with each purchase and verify condition annually with each site/office.
v) Provide front desk and reception relief as scheduled due to vacations or vacancies.
w) Provide mail runs to headquarters as needed and/or scheduled.
x) Develop and maintain a variety of databases: personnel information, staff training, vendors, community resources, and enrollment/exit participant information.
y) Attend team meetings as requested, and attend in-service and outside training as requested.
z) Special projects and other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
Continuous Quality Improvement
a) Record outcomes from consumer, staff, and community agency satisfaction surveys in a database for presentation to the management team by the Program Director.
b) Direct and monitor accuracy of bi-weekly payroll submissions and the payroll register.
c) Assist the Program Director in verifying participant HMIS data and information needed for check requests, file reviews, reporting or other follow up.
• Experience or education in office management.
• Proficiency in MS office applications including Excel and/or Access.
• Must pass a background check.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license.
• Meet requirements of agency’s drug free workplace policy.
• Minimal weekly local travel using the program vehicle to pick up supplies or mail is required.
• Ability to adapt to culturally diverse environment.
• Prior military service is preferred but not a requirement of the position.
• Preferred experience in providing office administrative support in a health care or non-profit environment with generalist book-keeping experience.
• Minimum requirements are a High School Diploma or GED.
• Evidence of proficiency through certification and/or training in Microsoft software applications including Excel and Access.
• Associates level education, equivalent, and/or certification in office or business management, accounting, or related field is preferred.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND:
• Experience providing office administrative support in a health care or non-profit social services setting and contributing to the efficient and smooth day-to-day office operation.
• Prefer 1-3 years of experience providing clerical and administrative support.
• Some knowledge of local community and/or Veteran resources is preferred.
• Veteran or family member of active military or Veteran preferred.
• Prefer generalist book keeping experience.
• MS software application proficiency particularly with databases using Excel and Access.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Standard English.
• Ability to organize work using software applications such as MS Excel and/or Access.
• Strong 10-key and typing ability (50 wpm preferred).
• Must be organized, detail oriented and accurate.
• Must use sound judgement
• Must work effectively in a team oriented environment
• Demonstrate initiative and ability to communicate clearly in written and verbal, have excellent problem solving skills, stay abreast of new research, policies and initiatives, and be detail oriented.
• Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing conditions and requirements.
• Ability to maintain confidential information and discretion in information flow.
• Ability to work independently when needed and show initiative but also with a team work ethic.
• Physical requirements include:
o Sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or occasional basis
o Grasp, push, pull objects, such as reference materials, files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead
o Operate telephone and other electronic communication devices
o Operate various other office equipment including personal computer, copier, fax machine, and scanning equipment
o Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. occasionally
• In that the SSVF program provides services to vulnerable adult households with and without children; applicants with any record of felony convictions related to child abuse/endangerment, or convictions pertaining to crimes against persons, CAN NOT be considered for this position.