Perform many routine janitorial tasks for upkeep of building and grounds, maintaining cleanliness and sanitary conditions. This is a regular part time position with a workweek expectation of 29 hours per week.
1. Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters and maintains positive relationships with co-workers and supervisors. This would include but not be limited to such actions: resolution of conflicts in a positive manner; courteous treatment of staff, clients and visitors; respect of others’ property and person, professional and appropriate communication to and about co-workers, supervisors and subordinates. Support the Mission of The Salvation Army by treating every donor, contact and colleague with respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
2. Dust, vacuum, clean, mop, scrub, strip, buff, daily and clean up spills in common use areas.
3. Clean and sanitize all restrooms and fill all dispensers; soap, paper towel, toilet paper.
4. Clean chapel, community room, showers, laundry area, hallways, entrances and reception area daily.
5. Clean office areas when asked by supervisors.
6. Collect and empty trash daily.
7. Keep all maintenance and janitorial supplies in good order.
8. Assist in grounds keeping, mowing, weeding as needed and snow shoveling.
9. Perform heavy cleaning when necessary.
10. Report safety hazards to supervisors immediately.
11. Make minor independent judgments based on prescribed procedures and policies when cleaning.
12. Assist in all other duties as may be requested.
High School diploma or GED preferred. Experience in janitorial work desired. Ability to accept supervision and instruction. Demonstrate ability to perform independently. Possess a positive attitude, and works well with others. Must be willing to support the Mission of The Salvation Army; be able to pass The Salvation Army background checks, and drug screening, and meet the MVR drivers’ qualification. It must be understood by the incumbent that the position is subject to the requirements of Safe From Harm upon commencement of employment and that the required Safe From Harm training program must be satisfactorily completed, within the first thirty (30) days of employment.