The incumbent performs various routine janitorial duties. This is a part time regular position with a workweek expectation of 20 hours per week.
1. Performs routine vacuuming, cleaning, mopping, scrubbing, waxing, and buffing on a regular schedule.
2. Collect and empty trash daily.
3. Assist in wall washing, painting, and light carpentry duties as assigned.
4. Minor repair work.
5. Assist in ground keeping and snow shoveling.
6. Heavy cleaning when necessary.
7. Make minor independent judgments based on prescribed procedures and policies when cleaning.
8. Transportation of program participants, equipment, supplies, and donations.
Staff Supervisory Responsibilities:
The incumbent is responsible for providing direct supervision for other Janitorial volunteers and community service workers.
High School diploma preferred. Experience in janitorial work desired. The qualified candidate must have demonstrated ability to perform independently. Must pass the background checks and be willing to support the mission of The Salvation Army. It is preferred that the incumbent possess a valid MN drivers’ license, have a good driving record, and meet the MVR drivers qualification. It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.