Responsible for coordinating social services for clients in Ramsey and Benson County, North Dakota. This is a part time regular position with a workweek expectation of 25 hours per week.
• Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters and maintains positive relationships with co-workers and supervisors. This would include but not be limited to such actions: resolution of conflicts in a positive manner; courteous treatment of staff, clients and visitors; respect of others’ property and person, professional and appropriate communication to and about co-workers, supervisors and subordinates. Support the Mission of The Salvation Army by treating every donor, contact and colleague with respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
• Adhere to the guiding principles of The Salvation Army's social services ministries as outlined in Faith In Action with an emphasis on intentional outreach in the area of pastoral care to those we serve.
• Provides casework to Ramsey and Benson County clients in accordance with the stated goals, policies, and procedures of The Salvation Army Service Extension Program.
• Maintains client records and provides, in a timely manner, all necessary data and statistical information including cases assisted, type of assistance given, agency consultations, client categories, etc.
• Enters data into North Dakota HMIS database for all service units in North Dakota.
• Collaborates with other community resources to jointly meet client needs and makes referrals as needed.
• Attends interagency councils/organizations as is appropriate to further positive impact on programs in Ramsey and Benson counties, ND which relate to client service.
• Performs public speaking when requested by service organizations.
• Assists the Ramsey County Service Unit in planning and implementation of seasonal activities in Ramsey and Benson counties as assigned by the Ramsey County Service Unit (Christmas assistance, camp, coat drives, Back-to-School, etc.). Maintain accurate records and statistics of all activities.
• Works with and maintains a relationship with the local service units – attend monthly meetings.
• Provide spiritual support to and pray with clients as requested.
• Completes other jobs as assigned by Eastern North Dakota Field Representative and/or Service Extension Director.
High School diploma with preferably 1 year work experience in a social service setting. Possess excellent computer skills, proficient in Word, spreadsheet and database programs, and an aptitude in both written and oral communication, type 40 wpm, be well organized and efficient, be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, have excellent interpersonal skills, and be trustworthy, especially in confidential matters. Must be willing to support the mission of The Salvation Army, pass required background checks, posses a valid driver’s license, have a good driving record and meet the drivers MVR qualifications. It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.