Provides collection center (CCC) services by performing the following duties
1. Responsible for all operations and security matters of the CCC while on duty.
2. Assure that CCC locations are kept clean of trash and donated items.
3. Receive and receipt all donated material. Safeguard all donated materials and assigned equipment.
4. Courteously advise donors of material which is not acceptable. Advise donors of heavy materials of pick up service.
5. Report complaints, damage to CCC, and any injuries occurring on or near the CCC for which The Salvation Army may become liable.
6. Sort and load trailers per center policy
8. Use back guard provided when doing any substantial lifting or moving.
9. Support the mission statement of The Salvation Army
OTHER DUTIES: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or administrator.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
No past experience necessary.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate one-on-one or in small groups with the public, customers, and employees.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision.
The work environment includes the warehouse and collection sites which exposes the employee to outside conditions. The noise level is generally quiet to moderate.
THE MISSION OF THE SALVATION ARMY ADULT REHABILITATION CENTER
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.