This position is expected to perform various functions of a thrift store worker. This includes but is no limited to: Sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming of store, and back room. Helps cleans shelves, counters or tables, empties trash. Cleans debris from sidewalk and related areas. Helping customers load furniture and helping customers unload donations. Helping unload store delivery truck. Working with customers; lifting and carrying donated/ purchased items; clothes sorting operations; stocking. The majority of the work done in the position will be of the physical labor type. Basic communication skills are required. Required to support the mission statement of The Salvation Army.
1. Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with customers, donors, co-workers and supervisors. This includes but is not limited to such actions as: resolution of conflicts in a professional manner; courteous treatment of staff, visitors and customers; respect of other’s property and person; and professional an appropriate communication to and about customers, donors, co-workers and supervisors.
2. Sort donated items.
3. Place donated items on racks/shelves for display
4. Assist in loading and unloading the store’s truck, customer’s vehicles, and/or donors’ vehicles.
5. Routinely lift items that weigh 30 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
6. Support the mission statement of The Salvation Army.
Must be a team player, a self-starter, and perform well with minimum supervision. Position requires basic communications with customers and other employees. Ability to comprehend cleaning instructions and material safety data sheet. Must be capable of performing essential duties.