The Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Operate an electronic cash register and office equipment, including store computer, copiers, and fax machines. Anything else pertinent to the operation of the Thrift Store as deemed necessary by the Thrift Store Manager or Corps Officer.
Primarily scheduled to work every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday but is also subject to change to meet the business’ needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Report to the Store Manager, daily
• Work with other store employees and/or volunteers
• Sort donated product according to current standards established by the Thrift Store Manager
• Attend scheduled staff meetings
• Notify the Store Manager of any safety concerns and hazards
• Clean the Thrift Store facility as deemed necessary by the Store Manager
• Support the mission of The Salvation Army by treating every client and colleague with individual respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
• And all other duties as assigned by the Store Manager and/or Corps Officer
High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred. Must be self-motivated, possess an aptitude in both written and oral communication, be trustworthy, work independently, as well as with a team, be well organized and able to multitask. Must be able to pass a background check, possess a valid Driver’s License, have a good driving record and meet the MVR driver qualification yearly.
• Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization.
• Able to interpret various instructions.
• Ability to perform basic math skills, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and percentages.
• Ability to fluently speak read and write in English.
• Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction manuals, atlases, and encyclopedias.
• Ability to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis; correct punctuation and variation in word order; using present, perfect, and future tenses.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment: This Position is required to do moderate physical work. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required to remain stationary for some periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate, move, frequently required to position self to stoop, kneel or crouch, walk, carry and push/pull items, frequently required to reach with and use arms and hands as required to lift and carrying items. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to focus. The work environment for this position includes a warehouse environment with a moderate noise level, and is not in a stably temperature controlled environment. Must be capable of lifting 70 pounds, and moving 100 pounds or more using a dolly/cart/truck.