The Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
• Supervises and assigns work of maintenance employees and CSW’s and inspects work for completeness.
• Manages hours worked by other maintenance employees and maintains runtime records for all CSW’s and reports hours completed to Scott County Sheriff’s Department.
• Manages department budget under the guidance of the Social Services Director
• Determines materials, equipment, and supplies to be used.
• Coordinates or installs, inspects repairs and maintains electrical, plumbing & mechanical.
• Coordinates or inspects, operates and maintains heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
• Coordinates with City Building Inspector, Fire Marshall, and City Board of Health for annual inspections and upgrades and performs or coordinates repairs necessary to remain in compliance with city ordinances and codes.
• Completes general repairs such as painting, patching walls, security hardware troubleshooting, window repair, floor repair, cabinet installation, and plumbing.
• Coordinates with maintenance employee and CSW’s on all landscaping and shoveling of sidewalks.
• Processes work orders for specific maintenance projects and purchase orders as needed for supplies and equipment. Maintains a notebook of completed assignment and of upcoming assignment.
• Reports all major repairs needed to Assistant Administrator /Social Services Director as any vandalism, maintenance concerns, or security issues arise.
• Solicits bids for repairs and maintenance projects.
• Maintains cleanliness and order in 4th building and maintenance shop.
• On call Status
• Performs other duties as assigned, including assisting other departments as needed.
Education: High School diploma or GED
Experience: Individual must possess specific knowledge and work experience related to
building and property, maintenance and repairs. Additionally, experience with electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems required. Individual seeking this position must be capable of implementing personal and financial management principles in order to effectively Supervise Assistant Maintenance employees and CSW’s and to oversee the Maintenance department budget. Individual will perform other duties as assigned. Individual must be willing to become familiar with and support the mission of The Salvation Army. Individual must be able to pass background check and yearly Motor Vehicle Report, as well as possess a valid drivers’ license. Multilingual preferred.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment: This position is required to do regular moderate physical work. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required to stand, kneel, bend, lift, use hands and fingers, communicate, move around, remain stationary for some periods of time, and climb ladders. The individual is also frequently required to reach with and use arms and hands, and may be required to lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities for this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to focus. The work environment for this position includes a kitchen and cafeteria environment with a moderate to loud noise level and a variety of food and cleaning related products and odors, as well as residential apartments, administrative offices, satellite offices, and surrounding property. Ability to safely use maintenance and kitchen equipment required.