Manages thrift store by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff.
1. Schedule clerks to ensure coverage in store at all times scheduled to be open.
2. Supervise clerks in performance of duties to ensure compliance with directives and guidelines.
3. Provide training for new personnel.
4. Bank cash receipts at end of business day. Safeguard cash at all times.
5. Attend monthly staff meetings for subordinate employees and keep personnel informed of new policies and directives.
6. Maintain good customer relations, as is expected by all staff.
7. Order merchandise and maintain accurate inventory of goods on hand.
8. Report safety hazards. Responsible for the protection of personnel, property, and building. .
9. Support the mission statement of The Salvation Army
Education and/or Experience:
High school graduate or equivalent, experience in retail sales.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees. Ability to speak minimal Spanish is not necessary, but preferred.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to operate a cash register.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and hear or talk. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.