This position is expected to perform all functions of a thrift store worker.
This includes but is no limited to:
1. Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with customers, donors, co-workers and supervisors. This includes but is not limited to such actions as: resolution of conflicts in a professional manner; courteous treatment of staff, visitors and customers; respect of other’s property and person; and professional an appropriate communication to and about customers, donors, co-workers and supervisors.
2. Sort donated items.
3. Price donated items.
4. Place donated items on racks/shelves for display
5. Assist in loading and unloading the store’s truck, customer’s vehicles, and/or donors’ vehicles.
6. Routinely lift items that weigh 30 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
7. This position may be assigned to operate a cash register to ring up sales and to make proper change. The position may be expected to participate or conduct the counting out and reconciling of the cash drawer at the end of a shift or day. The position may be responsible for taking the deposit to the bank.
Basic communication and math skills are required.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.