This position is primarily responsible to properly organize and price items when needed and display merchandise through out the store, and to assist customers.
• Clear racks and remove empty hangers
• Help maintain neat appearance on sales floor
• Assist customers as needed
• Answer the phone in a business type manner
• There are times individuals receive assistance through our voucher system. Confidentially and dignity must be maintained
• Organize and sort items that have been donated to the store
• Clean and price brick-a-brack
• Discard items that are not of showroom quality.
• Assist with keeping the store clean. It is understood that it is the job of all store workers to help keep the showroom and backroom clean, neat and safe.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with customers, donors, co-workers and supervisors. This includes but is not limited to such actions as: resolution of conflicts in a professional manner; courteous treatment of staff, visitors, volunteers and customer; and respect for others and their property. Professional and appropriate communication to and about customers, donors, co-workers and supervisors.
• And all other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is required. Six months to one year of experience working in a retail sales environment is preferred. Must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, the ability to work independently and/or in a team setting. Possess a positive attitude, works well with others, be trustworthy, especially in confidential matters and be well organized and efficient. Applicant must be able to pass The Salvation Army’s background checks. It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.