Responsible for performing cleaning, housekeeping, light maintenance to maintain the appearance, safety and security of the properties include buildings, grounds, vehicles, and equipment serving the buildings.
• Consistently be at work on time as scheduled
• Sweep, mop, scrub, vacuum and strip and wax and/or carpet clean all hallways, stairs, restrooms and office spaces or other appropriate areas.
• Empty trash.
• Using basic power tools, provide minor building maintenance, (minor painting, plumbing, carpentry, electrical and other relate maintenance activities.
• Inspect and notify management concerning needs for major repairs, safety or security issues.
• Advise direct supervisor of janitorial and building supply needs.
• Provide routine outside maintenance. Clean snow and debris from sidewalk. Mow lawn, trim shrubbery, and cultivate flowers as assigned.
• Follow schedule for cleaning windows, furniture, floor polishing, dusting, and etc.
• Set up furniture for meetings as required.
• May operate vehicle for pick up/deliveries and the transport of persons as assigned by Facility Manager.
• Provide support to special projects as requested, including the Christmas effort and special events
• Other duties as appropriate to the position as assigned by the Facility Manager
• High School academic diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND:
• Safe and proper operation of gas powered equipment
• Safe and proper operation of floor buffers and carpet extractors
• Comprehend oral and written instructions
• Complete assignment without direct supervision
• First Aid and CPR certification is helpful
• Must be proficient with the following building maintenance equipment:
1. High speed and Low speed floor buffer
2. Carpet extractor
3. Power washer
4. Lawn mower, weed eater, snow blower, other lawn care equipment
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to organize and carryout work plan with minimum supervision.
• Ability to meet and maintain The Salvation Army Driver Qualification Program.
• Ability to sustain physical activity both inside and outside for extended periods of time. Work requires ability to stand, walk, climb, kneel, and lift up to 50-80 pounds and to operate basic building maintenance equipment.
• Must be able to handle heights up to 35 ft.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse cultures
• Willingness and ability to work irregular or extended hours as needed
• Physical ability to work in warm and cold environments with extensive standing, bending, reaching and lifting
• Ability to maintain professionalism in conduct while establishing positive relationships with diverse populations
• Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality, including HIPPA standards and procedures