THE MISSION OF THE SALVATION ARMY: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
1. Ensure all corps properties are maintained in a clean, organized and safe manner at all times
2. Vacuum, sweep, mop, wax and buff floors as needed
3. Empty all trash receptacles on a daily basis or as needed
4. Clean and disinfect drinking fountains, toilets, urinals, sinks and trash cans on a daily basis.
5. Ensure paper and soap products in bathrooms are fully stocked at all times
6. Mow, weed, and remove leaves, snow, ice and other debris from exterior properties as needed.
7. Sep up and tear down rooms for regular and special events and meetings as needed.
8. Assist with pick-ups of Food Bank and other supplies as needed.
9. Submit a list of needed cleaning and maintenance supplies to the Corps Officer on a weekly basis.
10. Supervise Community Service Workers and Volunteers assigned by Administrative Assistant or Corps Officers.
11. Assist with all aspects of Christmas, Kettles & Toy shop as needed.
12. Other duties as assigned by the Corps Officer(s).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School graduate or equivalent. One (1) year of related experience.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The Maintenance Worker must be able to lift, carry and or move 20 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds frequently. He/she must be able to operate light and heavy yard, floor, snow removal and other maintenance equipment on a regular basis. The Maintenance worker must be able to work sustained periods in harsh exterior environments such as snow and ice removal, yard work, etc. Office work environment with low to moderate noise levels; industrial building work areas such as boiler and equipment rooms with moderate to loud noise levels; outside work areas with small to mid-size motors with moderate to loud noise levels.