The Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
• Bi-weekly cleaning of kitchen and all bathrooms
• Vacuuming all floors in the building
• Washing all windows inside and out.
• Lawn maintenance as required including mowing and weed removal
• Snow removal and salt preparation when needed during winter months
• Cleaning of gutters
• Keeping parking lot and grounds clean and free of debris on a daily basis
• Trimming of bushes and shrubbery when needed.
• Help with errands as needed (picking up mail, food, coats, etc)
• Receive thrift store donations and moving donations as needed.
• Unloading of food donations
• Opening and locking of facility each day
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
Certifications: The Salvation Army’s “Safe from Harm” Training
Experience: Must have valid driver’s license and be able to pass yearly motor vehicle check. Individual must be willing to become familiar with and support the mission of The Salvation Army. Must be able to pass background check. Must have experience using power tools. Must be dependable and able to work on own with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment: This position is required to do moderate to heavy physical work. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required to lift forty plus pounds (and up to 100 pounds on occasion), bend, twist, carry, move, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb ladders, stand for an extended period of time and frequently required to reach with and use arms and hands as required in operating equipment such as a forklift and Salvation Army vehicles. Specific vision abilities for this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to focus. The work environment for this position includes a warehouse environment with moderate to high noise level.