Provide basic care supervision to clients in a homeless shelter.
• Conduct intake /admission screening, placement and discharge of clients.
• Provide for immediate needs and security of clients on intake. Responsible for assigning beds, and distributing supplies to each client.
• Prepare and serve food and/or snacks according to shelter shift schedule.
• Monitor, maintain and enforce facility and Salvation Army policies.
• Assist in maintaining overall appearance, cleanliness and safe conditions in the shelter area. Report property maintenance needs or property safety/security concerns to management
• Monitor and document client activities. Maintain client files. Report shift events.
• Responsible for any and all data entry and filing to be done on his/her shift. Responsible for filing of all paper work for previous work day, and the filling in of next monitor as to new clients; bed assignments; problems; or special instructions given by director.
• Supervise resident clients.
• Answer incoming telephone calls and respond to inquiries and client referrals.
• Conduct security rounds. Receive and provide assistance in issues resolution.
• Produce and provide reports as assigned.
• Verify life skill tasks are completed and rotate life skill tasks as needed.
• Wash, dry, fold and put away laundry.
• Sanitize empty beds as needed.
• Clean lockers and bag resident’s belongings as requested.
• Clean employee bathroom daily.
• Empty trash in monitor’s office.
• Check and fill soap and paper products in bathrooms.
• Vacuum monitor’s office.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND:
• Experience working with low income and minority populations or life experience will be evaluated to determine job suitability.
• Prior office experience and operation of computer helpful.
• Ability to multi task and work effectively under pressure at times in crisis situations.
• Ability to have positive affect through communications with diverse population.
• Ability to document and write effectively
• Ability to maintain professional standards in the administration of duties and relationship with clients.
• Maturity to maintain confidentiality of client information.
• Exemplify a compassionate/caring attitude through personal attitude and conduct.
• Ability to relate to people. Demonstrated ability to be non-judgmental in approach, allowing clients their right to self-determination, and treat all with dignity and respect.
• Must be able to physically perform duties of the monitor position. The job includes sitting, walking, standing, stretching/reaching/climbing, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
• Visual and auditory acquit to provide oversight of resident population.
• Prepare and serve meals using safe food handling techniques when needed.