The Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Responsibilities for Outreach work:
* Regularly participate in one or all of the following programs offered: Jr Soldier, Corps Cadets, A youth Night and a college night..
* 3 Days per week. 2- 3 hours per day including Sunday morning worship and a youth ministry time either at 10 or right after worship a youth outreach.
* Work will typically be at the Salvation Army. There may be occasional days of travel to Divisional Events off site Field Trip locations.
* Lead and assist in the programs offered and be given the opportunity to also offer suggestions in programs and the training offered.
*Responsible for tracking and submitting statistics and paperwork of the programs you are involved in.
* Be an approved, licensed army driver as it may be necessary to transport children to Divisonal Events or Field Trip locations.
* Encourage, motivate and support youth and young adults to become all that God wants them to be and help them grow and use their gifts in the ministry of the Salvation Army.
* Successfully complete the Safe from Harm Training offered by the Salvation Army within the required timeframe.
* Other duties as assigned.
Required Sunday from 11am -3pm
A true desire to work in a Christian Organization to touch lives for
Jesus Christ along with the willing commitment to help the Salvation Army fulfill the great
commission in Macomb and McDonough County.
Education: 2 years of experience in church leadership Sunday school teacher, VBS teacher, music leader, Jr. Soldier leader, Corps Cadet leader or similar position.
Experience: Individual must have specific knowledge and work experience related to working with at-risk populations. Knowledge and skills related to dealing with behavioral and mental health issues. Also, individual must be willing to become familiar with and support the mission of The Salvation Army; must be able to pass background check and a legally able to drive a 12 passenger van.
* Experience and/or strong interest in community outreach through youth ministry.
* Must have an interest and ability to work with people of diverse racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds in a sensitive and culturally appropriate manner.
* Ability to collaborate on complex social issues within families and communities.
* Ability to speak and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with the community, supervisors, employees and clients.
* Demonstrated capacity to teach adults and children
* Learn and follow Salvation Army policies and procedures
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
* This Position is required to do light to moderate physical work lifting up to 20 pounds.
* In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required for some periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate, move, occasionally required to position self to stoop, kneel or crouch, frequently required to reach with and use arms and hands.
* May use standard office equipment and a PC.
* Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to focus.
* The building has many stairs which require the ability to climb up and down stairs.