The Salvation Army Mission Statement:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
• Be familiar with internal policies and procedures, read policy and procedures manual.
• Attend monthly staff meetings and trainings as needed.
• Perform intakes as needed, maintain proper client files, keep client documentation updated daily.
• Answer telephone calls for the Family Service Center, handling messages for residents and FSC business affairs.
• Care for the daily needs of FSC residents. This includes checking residents in and out maintaining peace and harmony within the facility, distributing hygiene products as needed, and scheduling meetings with caseworkers.
• Familiar with community resources and cooperate with like agencies.
• Assisting Kitchen Staff in the event of staff shortage.
• Assisting Maintenance Staff in the event of staff shortage.
• Assisting Shelter Director when needed. Typically includes delivering messages, scheduling and performing client follow up calls.
• Maintain cleanliness in front office and hallways. Cleaning list is provided at front desk for each shift.
• Maintain a professional manner.
• Ability to work flexible schedule
• Other duties as assigned
Education: Associate’s Degree preferred.
High School diploma or GED and minimum of 1 yr. experience in Social
Experience: Must have the ability to read, write English and perform simple mathematical
calculations with general mental ability to handle paperwork documentation to
to job duties. Prior experience related to working with at risk populations or
shelter residential environments strongly desired. Individuals seeking this
position must be able to provide support and occasional guidance to staff and
volunteers of varying skills and abilities. In addition individuals must be able to
problem solve and make decisions to the best of their knowledge. Must be able
to pass The Salvation Army background check. CPR/First Aid Certification.
Multi lingual preferred.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
This Position is required to do light to moderate physical work. Individual must be able to frequently lift up to 30 lbs. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required to remain stationary for some periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate, move, occasionally required to position self to stoop, kneel or crouch, frequently required to reach with and use arms and hands as required in using standard office equipment and a PC. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to focus. The work environment for this position includes an office environment with a low noise level.