Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Considerately and patiently enforce RJKCCC rules to provide a safe environment for all members, visitors, and employees. Cautions swimmers regarding unsafe areas and actions. Maintain order in swimming areas.
- Must be able to analyze situations and adopt a quick and effective course of action; maintain constant observation of an assigned area to identify any signs of danger.
- Rescue swimmers in danger of drowning.
- Provide first aid, rescue breathing and CPR when necessary.
- Inspect and maintain cleanliness of swimming pool areas, locker rooms, restrooms, trash cans, cleaning equipment, aquatic equipment storage areas, and other areas as assigned.
- Maintain records and reports as assigned.
- Assist with swim lessons as directed.
- May work with any aspect of aquatic programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and customers in person and over the phone.
- Carry out The Salvation Army mission in your actions and words during your employment.
- Perform set up and breakdown of facility equipment as needed.
- Follow and enforce the equipment checkout program. Report defects, necessary repairs, etc.
- See that all equipment assigned to the aquatic facilities is maintained and properly inventoried on a regular basis.
- Must wear standard apparel as prescribed by the Aquatics Manager and exhibit a professional appearance at all times while on duty.
- Insure that the ultimate goal of spiritual, emotional and physical regeneration of all people in represented and infused in all programs, trainings, customer relations, and levels of operation.
- Other tasks as required.
- Meet regularly with Aquatics Manager/Pool Supervisors to coordinate operational issues with sound fiscal and budgetary requirements.
- Work in a cooperative manner with the other members of the Aquatic Team discussing any problems that may be occurring within the aquatic center in which their programs operate.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and in-service trainings when required.
- Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
Perform other assignments/duties as directed.