The Salvation Army Midtown Service and Treatment Center located in downtown St. Louis is looking for Seasonal Bell Ringers for their Christmas Kettle Season. The season will begin on or about November 9 and run through December 24, and workers can work up to 40 hours a week. This is a great opportunity to earn a little extra money during the holiday season. Starting pay is $9.45 an hour.
1. Report for work on time, and in accordance with the pre-determined work schedule. Communicate with your immediate supervisor prior to the start of your scheduled shift if you are unable to report for work as previously scheduled.
2. Dress appropriately for the weather outside. Maintain a clean, neat and well groomed appearance at all times. If provided, wear the bell ringer badge/name tag/apron for ID purposes.
3. Bell Ringers are to be polite and jovial. Be on the lookout for people to greet. Smile and greet everyone who passes. Everyone should receive a greeting, e.g., “Merry Christmas”, “God bless you”, “Have a great day”, “Thank you”, etc.
4. Gently and constantly ring the bell, down at your side.
5. Open doors where locations allow.
Full Job Description available at time of interview.
Must be trustworthy and able to work independently; must be able to follow verbal and written instruction; must be able to meet the physical requirements of position and must be willing to support the mission of The Salvation Army.
Physical and Working Conditions
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job. A doctor’s certificate may be required to support any request for reasonable accommodation to permit sitting while performing duties as a bell ringer.
To apply for a position you fill out an application at:
2900 Washington Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63103
Ask the front desk receptionist for the application.