How would you like to make a lasting impact in the lives of others by applying your skills and abilities with us to do the most good? The Salvation Army Midland Division has an immediate need for a (Disaster Recovery Services) DRS Case Manager. The DRS Case Manager will provide case management services for disaster survivors. These services include rapid response contact with clients and periodic repeated contacts, including local travel, to meet clients’ material needs, collaboratively set client recovery goals and plans, inform clients of emerging resources and resolve system impediments, provide referrals to other disaster and non-disaster services. This full-time position has a 1 year employment period subject to extension. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education.
1. Provide disaster recovery services to persons temporarily residing in community settings including motels, shared homes, and other housing situations.
2. Determine eligibility and assess survivors’ disaster related needs utilizing the prescribed Tier of Need framework, complete disaster intake form(s) and records, provide disaster related financial assistance, and record disaster related case management services according to prescribed agency guidelines, including regular updates to case files, Coordinated Assistance Network management information system, and other documentation mechanisms.
3. Implement long-term case management planning services, which will include individualized disaster recovery plans, with disaster survivors leading to the elimination of disaster-related needs; setting mutually agreeable client recovery goals to restore client to previous level of functioning; and regularly monitor client progress through regular communication with the client to identify action steps completed, barriers encountered, and outcomes achieved.
4. Input client and client related information into The Salvation Army Information Management System (SIMS). Information will be entered in a timely manner and with accuracy. Data may also be entered into The America Red Cross CANS system.
5. Provide disaster and non-disaster information and referral services, assist clients to understand the resources available to them refer clients to resources, facilitate clients to obtain these resources, and track their participation in these resources.
6. Assist as liaison between clients, The Salvation Army and other agencies when necessary.
7. Record agency spending on clients and provide timely and correct statistical data and reports.
8. Maintain confidentiality, comply/enforce proper client boundaries, and comply with Safe From Harm guidelines.
This job description should not be interpreted as an all inclusive list. It is intended to identify the essential duties and requirements of the position. Employee will follow other instructions, and perform other related duties, as may be required by his/her supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree with one year related work experience. Combination of training and experience will be considered. Must have good communication skills and an ability to work with diverse cultures. Strong leadership style and good organizational skills required. Commitment to carry out The Salvation Army mission is essential. Knowledge of The Salvation Army and Government, State and community resources is helpful. It is preferable that you have reliable transportation, a valid Driver’s License and pass The Salvation Army Motor Vehicle Report screening.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.