This is a full-time exempt position with excellent benefits package to include health, dental, vision, pension, life, and generous paid time off program. This is considered a ministry position with a varied work schedule including attendance at services to coordinate and oversee the church music program.
The Education and Fine Arts Specialist is responsible for the overall administration and coordination of all program development, implementation and ongoing operations related to the Education and Fine Arts programming of the Kroc Center. The specialist is to create a vibrant variety of music/drama and/or art instruction leading to practical performances, which will enhance mission integration and promote the Kroc Center of the Salvation Army. This position is a key member of the program team and serves under the direction of the Senior Kroc Officer.
1. Recruit, train and supervise all Education and Fine Arts department staff and volunteers.
2. In coordination with the Membership Services Manager and Special Events Specialist, shall be directly responsible for the development and execution of special Education and Fine Arts events within the Kroc Center.
3. Work directly with the Marketing Manager to develop materials, and promotions for Education and Fine Arts programs and events.
4. Develop and implement a standardized curriculum for all Kroc Center Education and Fine Arts programs.
5. Utilize and implement a standard assessment tool for program participants to measure required outcomes.
6. Oversee coordination and development of class schedules, curriculum and fee schedules.
7. Plan, implement and supervise Education and Fine Arts showcases.
8. Recruit students from local schools, general community and existing Kroc Center programs.
9. Establish mutually beneficial partnerships with local universities and colleges.