PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a log of significant events that occurred on your shift and share with on-coming staff.
- Maintain a log of medication doses administered for clients in the shelter during your shift.
- Check-in clients returning to the shelter after work or other approved absences from the premises.
- Perform intake procedure for clients who come to the shelter after normal business hours or on weekends.
- Make sure rooms are ready for occupancy for clients who are taken in after hours.
- Conduct orientation for new clients as assigned by the supervisor.
- Conduct surveillance throughout the facility to ensure safety and compliance with rules and policies.
- Order meals for clients who cannot be present during meal periods, and distribute bag lunches for clients who will be working during meal periods.
- Provide supervision of dining area during mealtimes.
- Supervise residents in completing daily assigned chores.
- Perform general cleaning duties on weekend shifts, including gathering and disposing of trash.
- Conduct urinalysis and breathalyzer tests as directed by the Shelter Manager.
- Provide statistical reports as required for your shift.
- Perform discharge procedure for clients.
- Participate in training programs and staff meetings at the supervisor’s direction.
- Other duties as assigned by the Shelter Manager.
RELATIONSHIPS: Communicate new resident information to the appropriate Case Management staff. Work with maintenance/housekeeping staff to make sure rooms are ready for occupancy and supplies are available to residents. Work with kitchen staff to make sure meals are provided for residents who cannot be present for meal periods.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Shelter Manager.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS: N/A