The Salvation Army Corps located in Columbia, Missouri, is looking for a Christmas season Kettle Driver. This position will work approximately 30 hours per week with a Saturday shift of 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM required. Starting pay is $9.00 an hour.
The Kettle Driver position exists to further the mission of the Salvation Army by transporting kettle workers (Bell Ringers), equipment and donations during the Bell Ringing Campaign.
1. Transport Bell Ringers, equipment (kettles, aprons, badges, bells, kettle stands…), and donations to and from kettle sites.
2. Record time worked in ADP beginning at your departure from the Corps and ending upon your return to the Corps.
3. Record Bell Ringer time worked and drop off/pick up times to the Corps Officer or designate.
4. Report any scheduled Bell Ringer absences to the Corps Officer or designate.
5. Transport monies to bank for deposit as directed.
6. Check on possible new kettle and counter kettle sites as directed.
7. Visit with all location managers, identify your self and arrange location of kettle drop off and pick up as directed.
8. Check that all Bell Ringers are clean and presentable.
9. Provide aprons, badges, kettles, and bells to Bell Ringers workers.
Full Job Description available at time of interview.
Good driving record with one year related experience. Proficient knowledge of roads in the designated territory. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others. Must have the appropriate valid driver’s license (Class E for MO and Class D for IL), and pass TSA MVR check.
Physical and Work Environment Requirements: Must be capable of performing the above essential duties. Capable of performing in an office environment to include: using a computer, answering phones, etc. Some work will be outdoors and it will be cold. Capable of lifting 20 regularly pounds and sometimes up to 40 pounds.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.