This is a part-time temporary position that is expected to span a 90 day period beginning in September through November. The work schedule would be evenings 4:30p to 9:30p Monday thru Friday and occasional weekends from noon to 5p.
The recreational sports program supervisor is responsible for implementation of team and individual youth and adult sports leagues, sports tournaments, and the rock climbing wall. This position is responsible for supervising all staff members within these areas.
1. Schedule and supervise all staff includng tournament/league supervisors, officials and rock climbing staff.
2. Develop league and tournament schedules.
3. Implementation and enforcement of all policies and procedures relative to these programs.
4. Oversee all team and individual sports programs, the rock climbing wall and daily youth programs.
5. Track and maintain pertinent program information.
6. Maintain an inventory of all recreational equipment which falls under their purview.
7. Set up gymnasium for league or tournament includng scorer's table, scoreboard, scorebook, bleachers and equipment.
8. Serve as a customer service representative and liaison between players, coaches and spectators in the gymnasium.
Qualifications: High school degree. Possess or obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certifications.
1. Some work experience in a recreation setting as a referee and/or customer service role.
2. Knowledge of and experience with team sports including all aspects of tournament implementation.