: Lead Instructors must be able to uphold the Christian standards and ministry of The Salvation Army in all areas of their job responsibilities. Be able to work with fellow staff members in creating a team environment, to work well with children, and have a positive attitude
• Assist in each of the classes conducted
►Reading & Games
• Assist in helping the children to stay focused on each of the activities
• Assist in keeping the children together at all times.
• Assist in all field trips with children
►Assist in keeping children controlled in the buses and vans
►Keep children in assigned groups at all times while on field trips.
• Assist with serving lunch
• Assist in keeping the lunch room clean
• Assist Children that may need help with their lunch
• Clean up the room after lunch is completed
• Assist in cleaning up the kitchen when requested
• Clean bathrooms at the end of each day
►Refill toilet paper and paper towels
• Mop all areas that are used each day
• Vacuum Chapel at the end of each day
• Vacuum steps and Lobby
• Wash all glass windows and doors each night
Accept other assignments as deemed appropriate by the Corps Officer or Day Camp Director.
Will on a daily basis interact with public, children, volunteers, community service workers, staff, Corps Officers, churches and other community agencies.
Supervised by Summer Day Camp Director and Corps Officer, but must be capable of working independently during the day.
Summer Day Camp Lead Instructor
Summer Day Camp
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Will help train and supervise youth staff and volunteers.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Follow through on responsibilities.
• Requires the ability to work independently in carrying out assignments to completion.
• Must be pleasant and enjoy children.
• Good people skills, friendly, cooperative manner and good team spirit.
• Flexibility to undertake a variety of assignments.
• Ability to organize time efficiently among a variety of duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for lengthy periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, reach with arms and hands, and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 -50 pounds, and Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to focus.