Join our team and assist us with "Doing the Most Good." The Salvation Army thrift store in Springfield, Missouri, is looking for a full-time, 40 hours a week, Truck Driver/Donation Coordinator. This position comes with a great benefits package which includes medical, dental, and life insurance, 12 paid holidays a year, vacation time, sick time, personal time, and is eligible for participation in the company funded pension plan after one year of service. Starting pay is $10.50 an hour.
This position will drive the store truck to pick up donations and transports other materials. It provides excellent customer service to our donors and shoppers, and maintains a clean and well-organized work and shopping experience.
1. Drive truck to pick up donations of furniture and other items, take scrap to recycling centers and haul other items as needed with the responsibility to load/unload the truck.
2. Plan pickup routing to maintain the most efficient use of time, ensure that all donation calls are made as scheduled and that care is taken to insure the security and safe handling of goods and materials. Report all problems with pick-ups to the Store Manager.
3. Responsible for the safety and security of the truck and equipment (including the securing of hand truck at the end of the day). Inspect truck on a daily basis.
4. Maintain truck mileage logs and immediately report any accidents, personal injury, property damage, repair needs of the truck or other equipment.
5. Instruct and supervise truck helper and donation attendants when not driving.
6. Ensure that the donation center has someone available to assists donors with donations. Completing donation receipts and collecting donor information.
7. Power sort donations into the correct bins and moves bins to production areas for processing.
8. Assist with moving furniture to and from the sales floor.
Full Job Description available at time of interview.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Ability to effectively communicate in written and oral form. Basic mathematical skills required. Appropriate state driver’s license is required (Class E for MO residents) and must pass The Salvation Army Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) check. Must be able to pass the DOT physical, road test, and special DOT background checks where applicable.
Physical and Working Conditions:
Must be capable of performing the above essential duties. Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time. Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Frequently lifts or moves 100 pounds or more with assistance of another person/forklift/floor jack/dolly/cart or truck. Majority of lifting is from floor to waist high. Some lifting required above waist and shoulder high but it will be at a reduced weight. Position is expected to: Bend, stoop, crouch, stand, walk, carry and push/pull items. Most of this work will be outside. In the winter it will be cold and in the summer it will be hot. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Salvation Army, as a religious organization, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.