This position is part time and intermittent depending on the scheduling of tournaments & leagues. Availability for evenings & weekends required.
Under the direct supervision of the Recreational Sports Specialist, the Tournament & League Supervisor is responsible for setting up event venues, ensure referees and scorekeepers are prepared to work, officiating occasionally, enforcing policies, working with teams and checking rosters. The Supervisor is responsible for monitoring activities, officials, players and spectators while on site and enforcing rules. He or she will put all equipment and bleachers away, pick up and clear area. The Supervisor is responsible for keeping and reporting standings and submitting administrative paperwork to the Recreational Sports Specialist.
1. Set up gymnasium for league or tournament.
2. Serve as a customer service representative and liaison between players, coaches and spectators in the gymnasium.
3. Ensure players are utilizing all equipment appropriately, wearing appropriate athletic attire and shoes.
4. Monitor officials, players and spectators.
5. Ensure all The Salvation Army and Kroc Center team sport policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
6. Serve as a first responder – provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services, based upon level of certification.
7. Keep and report standings and other pertinent stats, while filling out administrative paperwork including accident and incident reports and program summaries.
Education & Certifications: High school degree or equivalent. Possess or obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certifications within 60 days of employment.